Plan for Salvation
The Philippian jailer came to Paul and Silas and asked the greatest question that a person could ever ask in Acts 16:30, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” I want to show you from the Bible how you can answer that question for yourself.
1. We must realize that we are sinners and that we need forgiveness. None of us are worthy under God’s standards.
Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.”
2. God showed us His love and provided us a way to be forgiven of our sins by sending His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus died for our sins, and He gave to us the hope of obtaining eternal life.
Romans 5:8, “But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
3. If we remain sinners, we will die. However, if we repent (turn away from) of our sins, and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we will have eternal life.
Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
4. Confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and you are saved. Romans 10:9-10, “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
5. God makes a promise to hear and to save all who will call upon the name of the Lord!
Romans 10:13, “For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
Are you ready to accept God’s gift of Salvation now? If so, believe in what Jesus Christ did for you on the cross, repent of your sins, and commit the rest of your life to Him. But, you may ask, “I have never prayed before, and how do I call upon Him for salvation?” Let me give to you a prayerful guide for your sincere step of faith:
“Father, I know that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from you. I ask for your forgiveness, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life and turn towards you. I trust and believe that your son, Jesus Christ, died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, and to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”
If you decided to receive Jesus today, welcome to God's family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
1. Find a Bible-believing church to attend where you can worship God, and be baptized as commanded by Christ.
2. Spend time with God each day by developing the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
3. Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus who can answer your questions
and support you.
4. Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
I would love to know about your decision, and any way that I might could help you on your new journey of faith. Please take time to click the button below and fill out the form to provide me with information so that I can reach out to you. May God richly bless you with every step you take from this day forward.
Extending His Grace,
- Alan Stewart, Senior Pastor